- The average time for the 19 defensive tackles that participated in the 40 yard dash at the 2010 NFL Combine was 5.064 seconds
- The fastest DT was Earl Mitchell from Arizona who ran a 4.70
- The slowest DT was 354 lb Alabama nose tackle Terrence Cody with a 5.64
- The top two prospects at the position, and possibly in the entire draft, Ndamukong Suh (Nebraska) and Gerald McCoy (Oklahoma) both exceeded the peer average with times of 4.98 and 4.96 seconds respectively.
- Penn State’s Jared Odrick, who has been touted as a possible fit for the Patriots, was also above average with a 4.98