- The average time for the 26 RBs that completed the 40 yard dash at the 2010 NFL Combine was 4.584 seconds.
- The fastest time for a running back was Jahvid Best from California who ran a 4.35, closely followed by Clemson’s C.J. Spiller who was clocked at 4.37 seconds.
- The slowest running back was Manase Tonga from BYU with a time of 4.85 seconds.
- LeGarrette Blount (Oregon) missed out on the peer average with a 4.62
- Andre Dixon (Conneticut) missed out on the peer average with a 4.64
- Jonathan Dwyer from Georgia Tech just narrowly missed out with a time of 4.59
- Stanford RB Toby Gerhart ran a 4.53, which exceeded peer average.
- Tennessee’s Montario Hardesty exceeded peer average with a time of 4.49 seconds.
- USC’s Stafon Johnson managed a 4.66, missing out of the peer average.
- Ryan Mathews (Fresno State) and Dexter McCluster (Ole Miss) both exceeded peer average with Mathews running a 4.53 and McCluster a 4.58
More combine analysis to come.