- The average time for the 35 WRs that participated in the 40 yard dash was 4.507 seconds.
- The fastest WR was Clemson’s Jacoby Ford, who ran a 4.28 which was also the fastest 40 time of the Combine.
- The slowest WR was Preston Parker from North Alabama who ran it in 4.67 seconds.
- Highly-touted WR Dez Bryant, who was suspended in his final year at Oklahoma State, did not participate in the Combine, nor did Missouri’s Danario Alexander.
- Seyi Ajirotutu (4.53), Nyan Boateng (4.64), Mardy Gilyard (4.56), Brandon LaFell (4.59) and Jordan Shipley (4.57) all ran slower than average.
- Brandon Banks from Kansas State ran a 4.43, exceeding the peer average for the position.
- Arrelious Benn (Illinois) ran a 4.48
- Notre Dame’s Golden Tate impressed by running a 4.42, the second fastest time for a WR, but Ford stole the show with his 4.28.